We’re not interested in simply writing a farm environment report, sticking it on a shelf and ticking that box. AgDesign prides itself on being caretakers of the land, being excited about the future and educating our farming friends so we can leave the land in a better state than we received it.
We can produce a Farm Environment Management Plan (FEMP) assessing land use, environmental risks etc through to a fully supported process that reviews and audits your FEMP on a regular basis to ensure you are as compliant as you can be inside your local regional councils guidelines.
Our role is to assess, identify, report and review environmental management planning on your property.
FEMP IS MADE UP OF 4 STAGES
1. UNDERSTANDING YOUR LAND - A CHAT OVER YOUR FARM MAP
2. IDENTIFY YOUR LAND MANAGEMENT UNITS (LMUS)
3. DRIVE ROUND YOUR PROPERTY IDENTIFYING FURTHER LMUS AND OTHER POSSIBLE ENVIRONMENTAL RISKS
4. INFORMATION GATHERING
- LMU Chart
- Environmental objectives and summary of current practices
- Nutrient management planning
- Summary of additional actions/targets identified
- Risk management
THEN WE'LL GO AWAY AND COMPLETE THE DELIVERABLES, WHICH ARE:
1. PRINTED AND BOUND FEMP DOCUMENT (DIGITAL COPY ALSO)
2. AO PRINTED MAP IDENTIFYING:
- All LMUs
- Soil types across the farm
- Slope analysis
- Farm infrastructure
- Basic water systems
- Effluent systems
3. LOAD YOUR PROJECT INTO BASECAMP
Basecamp is our in-house Project Management Software. It will become the hub for everything relating to your FEMP. Also included in your BC project will be:
- Digital copy of your FEMP
- Digital copy of your map/s
- Calendar with reminders on actions required as a result of FEMP
- Calendar with scheduled followed up visits programmed
- Message forum to create discussions and invite 3rd party contractors in if necessary
FEMP IS HEADED BY CAMPBELL DODDS
Campbell Dodds heads up our Environmental team. Prior to joining AgDesign in 2017, Campbell has 7 years experience, working with local body council dealing with trade and hazardous waste, then onto a private consultancy for 3 years assisting local body and government agencies in managing waste and waste water. The remaining 10 years prior to joining AgDesign, Campbell worked for Fonterra as an Environmental Manager with varying roles in environmental management covering both on site with Fonterra and on farm with their shareholders.
Campbell is also a qualified Auditor with certification in ISO14001 for Environmental Management.